Monday, April 25, 2016

Meal Prep for Busy Moms


Meal prepping is my saving grace to ease my stress as a busy mom during the week!

I always hated when 4 PM rolled around and I had NO clue what to eat and then when I'd figure out something I would be missing an ingredient. It was a bad cycle of unneeded stress on my part!



Meal prepping for me looks a bit different than what you would normally see!

You might be thinking of something like this below:


It looks beautiful and convenient to have on hand, but here are the reasons I have trouble with that:

1. I don't like reheated meat. (ewww)

2. This is honestly MORE work than I am willing to do.

3. My goals are not to compete in a bikini competition.

SOOO for those three reasons I bring you my SUPER easy way to ease stress and make sure you stay on track with healthy choices all week for you AND your family!

Step 1

On Monday morning or Sunday night I will browse through my cookbooks, Pinterest, recipe folder, or anything else I have to figure out what DINNER meals we will be eating for the next week.


Step 2

I will then WRITE out what we are having on my fridge magnet white board (Target dollar section find!) AND I will make a grocery list of everything I DON'T have for those ingredients as well as any staples we need for breakfast, lunch, and snacks.


Step 3

Go shopping on Monday to pick up any needed items! For a family of 4 I try to keep it to $100 per week. Sometimes it's less and sometimes it's more depending on what I need to get.  "You may also notice some "unclean" items on the table, but we live by the 80/20 rule around here! Balancing is what works for us. 



AND that is honestly ALL I do!

Keeping it simple keeps us on track and helps me stay SANE when dinner come everyday.  The trick is to find what works for YOU. 

For a little more info on this topic I also have this YouTube video I made for my Free 7 Day Clean Eating for Families group! 




If you would like me to be your Free Beachbody coach or you would like information about my support groups click  HERE. 


No comments:

Post a Comment