Monday, May 23, 2016

Cajun Stuffed Peppers

With summer around the corner that means green peppers are coming into season FRESH from the garden soon!

I could never find a stuffed pepper recipe I LOVED so I just made up this simple one on my own.



Stuffed Peppers

3 cups of cooked rice (brown or long grain)
4-6 green peppers
1/2 lb turkey sausage (lean ground beef or turkey would work too)
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp Cajun seasoning, or to taste (I love Tony Chachere's brand)
Grated cheese

Have rice cooked and ready to go.

Cut tops off of green peppers and clean out the insides. For softer peppers boil in a pot of water for 5-10 minutes (they don't cook long in the oven later). Set aside.

Cook sausage until done. (I like to cut up the pepper tops, minus the stem, and cook that along with the peppers.) Add cooked pepper and sausage mixture to rice in a bowl. Add in Cajun seasoning and tomato sauce and stir.

Place peppers in a baking dish. Stuff them to the top with rice and sausage mixture. Top with cheese.

Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted.

Makes 6 stuffed peppers. (I made 4 and just had extra rice to eat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment